How to disable autorun in a usb drive and prevent autorun w32 malwares infection
A disabled autorun feature in windows will reduce the W32 viruses infection in a your hard disk, removable media, especially flash disk, memory cards and diskettes (in ancient times) and here are the steps that can save your PC in stopping USEP scandal, sohanad, madforelmo, SCVIIHost, downadup, jollybee and other malwares that will infect your PC or laptops.
You can follow this procedure to save yourself in preventing the viruses to enter in your PC.
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click Run
3. Type gpedit.msc
4. Group policy Editor, click System
5. In the right pane, scroll down and click “Turn off Autoplay”
6. Right click and click properties or you can also double-click to open the properties
7. Click enabled
8. Select in the field labeled “Turn off Autoplay on:”, All drives
9. Click Apply
10. Voila! You turned off your autoplay feature in your PC.
Note: If you suspect a virus or malware in your PC please browse the content in your flashdisk or removal media and find autorun.inf, if you can’t find it just turn on the Show Hidden files and Folders in the Folder Options.
Popularity: 23% [?]